My parents celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary this past week and when I asked my mom what she wanted me to make for our family dinner she said roasted chicken and veggies. Easy enough. Done.
Easy & Delicious One Pan Roasted Chicken with Veggies
8 Medium White Potatoes Cubed
8 Medium Red Potatoes Cubed
1/2 Yellow onion cubed
1-2 lbs Baby Carrots (peeled)
3-4 Cloves garlic diced or minced
2 T Olive Oil
8 Chicken Thighs (bone in/skin on)
4 Chicken Breasts (bone in/skin on)
3-4 T Fresh Thyme (divided)
1 cup Chicken Broth (make sure there is no soy in your broth)
1 lb Baby Spinach
3-4 T Fresh Parsley
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic in large roasting pan (I used a disposable one from Smart & Final so I wouldn’t leave any clean up for my parents). Salt & Pepper veggies and drizzle with 1 T olive oil. Add 1-2 T of fresh thyme. Use hands to combine.
- Place chicken on top of veggies. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with 1 T olive oil and top with 1-2 T of fresh thyme.
- Put pan in oven and cook for one hour.
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees and add 1 cup chicken broth to pan. Cook for another 30-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate. Add spinach to pan and return to oven for 5-10 minutes, until spinach is cooked to your liking.
- Take pan out of oven and place chicken back on veggies. Sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!